- 1 minute to read
- 1 minute to read
To create a new task, access Task Manager➔Tasks.
1. In the top right corner, click (⁝) View actions, select New, and fill in:
- Task identification name: choose a name that refers to the purpose of the task to be easy to find whenever there's a need. Ex.: Restart backup services.
- Environment: select the environment where the task needs to run.
- System: select the system where the task needs to run.
- Tags: create tags that make it easier to identify the task.
Template for execution
- Plugin: select the desired executor.
- Select template to use: select the desired template.
Variables for execution
- New variable: click the (+) icon to add the identifier and value.
It's possible to insert a value for variables present in the template. Note the example below:
#Restart the service expect "*#" exec "service [#VARIABLE#] restart"
To restart the backup services, the identifier is 'variable', and the variable's value [#VARIAVEL#] is rsync.
Credential for execution
- Use a registered credential to access all devices: check this box if you want to use one of the credentials registered in senhasegura to authenticate to the device where the task will be executed.
- Access credential registered in the system: checking the box above to enter the credential is necessary. Be careful to type the credential precisely as identified.
- Use own credential to connect: check this box if you want to use your credential to authenticate to the device where the task will be executed.
- Credential username: type the username of the credential you want to authenticate to the device where the task will be executed. Use this field only if you didn't enable the boxes above.
2. On the Devices for execution tab, click the (+) icon to add the devices where the task will run. By doing that, when the task execution starts, each device has its own separate operation. Therefore, each device has its own execution log, and the success or failure of task execution on one device doesn't prevent or affect the execution of the next.
- After creating the task, refresh the report so that it's displayed.
- Click the (⁝) icon, located in the Action column, and select Run task. You can use the filter at the report's top to quickly find your desired task.
- Select the reason for execution.
- If you belong to an access group that requires justification, fill in the Reason text field with a more detailed description.
- After completing the form, click Run task. From this moment on, it'll be running on the target device.
Was this article helpful?